Implants are used to replace a tooth that has already been lost. They can help hold dentures in place, replace one tooth, to a full arch fixed bridge. They frequently are the treatment of choice to replace what has already been lost and rebuild a collapsed bite. We are able to save teeth on either side of a missing tooth from being groung down to a nub for conventional bridge restoration.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically anchored into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place.
There are several options for replacing a missing tooth. You can also have a dental bridge, a removable partial denture. The benefits of using implants are:
- They don’t rely on neighboring teeth for support. A bridge requires placing crowns on adjacent teeth, which many people feel is too aggressive if those teeth are otherwise healthy.
- They are permanent and stable.
- They look and feel like natural teeth.
- They prevent the loss of bone. When a tooth is removed, your body senses the loss and begins to dissolve the bone that used to support the tooth. The presence of a dental implant will prevent this loss.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- A perfect fit gives you a prefect smile: A new ceramic implanted crown or bridge can be made to fit perfectly in your mouth. You won’t be able to tell it from the real thing.
- Preserve your facial appearance: A lost tooth or teeth and resulting bone shrinkage may change the appearance of your face. Dental implants can stop this process.
- Go ahead, show off: Once you experience the benefits of new and permanent teeth, you may well experience renewed confidence. A great smile can change your life!
- You can eat what you like: Dental implants are like natural teeth because they are anchored securely in your jaw. Love corn on the cob? Yes you can.
- An immediately functioning long lasting solution: Implants can often be done in one or two sessions and are long-lasting, often life-long solutions.
How do dental implants work?
Strategically placed, dental implants can now be used to support permanently cemented bridges, eliminating the need for a removable denture.
Over the past twenty years implant dentistry has evolved from experimentation to scientifically proven procedures and materials. Today, we have at our disposal reliable clinical methods to replace missing teeth in ways that duplicate natural teeth in form, function, stability and beauty.
Treatments only dreamed of twenty years ago are now a reality, such as single tooth replacement without having to grind down healthy adjacent teeth, or eliminating removable dentures that slip and slide around in the mouth or become loose at embarrassing times.
If you have one or more teeth missing or broken to the point of being unrestorable, this is the solution.
Allow us to help you determine the best treatments for your individual needs and desires. One thing we know for certain: you can have a gorgeous smile.